joshc

Monday, November 23, 2009

Practical 4, 5 and 6

After using different search engines to find information, I realised that they provide a large window of opportunity to find information from. Some may not even give anything, and that is why we need to have a large range of search engines to search from.
I managed to get two site feeds up onto this blog, but somehow I had problem posting more. But I feel that using site feeds is better than going to OLE and clicking on the links. It so much faster and convenient!
As for the wiki, I didn't put that much in it yet, and others haven't edited the page either. Maybe its because they can't find it. I'll ask about this another day. But contributing to a wiki page is something new to me, so it shouldn't be strange.
One thing I do liked was being able to show others what I have found out through research. I find it quite easy to open up my mind about what I found out.
Of course, I haven't done much yet, so I can't write too much about this now. Hopefully, more people will post on the same space. I really can't imagine doing it all by myself.

Practical 6
Regretably, I have forgotten to post a reflection on practical 6, so here it is.

Whether it's more effective to use the deep web for research, I'd say no. This is because I feel that the deep web may not contain enough information for me as it is not registered on other sites. I also feel it is riskier to use the deep web as we don't know if it is safe. So I probably won't use it for research in my diploma either.
As for my wiki experience, I learnt that it is a good way to share information and correct for others mistakes. it is actually quite fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home